Yesterday Morning I woke up and I was sick as a dog, this was one of the rare occasions I was physically sick. WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE?! It was my last day of University for the semester, the last lesson before Exams. But as I moped around at home having a pity party for myself since I actually wanted to go that day, I decided there and then that I wanted to adventure. and just like that I decided I would go.
- My first plan was Spain, to do the Camino….Then I looked at the airfares
- Then I decided Peru, they have some amazing walks…. I looked at the airfares, perhaps Peru can wait with Spain on the backburner.
- Then I decided that the whole northern Hemisphere can wait.
- Vietnam? Cambodia? China? Japan? Taiwan?
No I am too poor
But I didn’t let that get me down! I decided I would go on my own adventure, and better yet, I don’t need to leave the country.
So I am heading to South NSW to embrace the cold and explore places I can’t remember on the next long weekend (I get back the morning of my exam… not too well planned). Its going to be a weekend full of
- bike riding
- camping (I used the Government Website here in Australia, but I stumbled upon this website for the USA) But I really want this tent .
- fishing (potentially prawning)
- and eating lots of food. (Great Cake idea for when You are camping)
- and weather permitting have a camp fire, maybe we can enjoy these sweet banana treats
But lets talk backpacks, while I already own a few hiking packs, this site still taught me a thing or too. While it is common knowledge to put your sleeping bag at the bottom of your pack I didn’t really know about the rest of the weight displacement.
I haven’t packed yet, but when I do, I wont forget to do the checklist I printed off a website.