To start. I woke up and decided I needed to make sure I didn’t slip back into the hole I climbed out of last July. I went around my room and removed all of this: everything there minus the Painting by SD is going to the church. That’s 2 hours work.
I am not a minimalist, and I hope to never be compared to one. I have way to much junk and I am sure that the minimalists out there would be offended.
I get stressed and agitated. Over the last year, my family has noticed the more stuff I have the more I panic.
Solution that is helping with medication, Decluttering.
I got rid of my wardrobe and use the 3 spikes on the coat rack behind my door as my wardrobe.
In My Room:
- I have two sets of white sheets with 6 pillow cases combined, I only sleep with one pillow and change that one every two days becasuse I share it with my cat.
- Two doonas, one for summer and one for winter, they share the same white doona cover.
Chest of Draws
- Stockings X14 (I wear these almost every day, 3 are multi coloured and the rest are patterned black ones)
- Shirts (3 business shirts and 4 T-shirts)
- Dresses X5
- Long Pants ( 2 work pants, 2 jeans, 1 exercise)
- Jumpers X4
- Skirts X5
- Pyjamas X4 (2 summer and 2 winter)
- Swimmers X3
- 1x Sports bra
- 1x exercise shorts
- 1x specific exercise shirts (I usually just wear one of my t Shirts)
- My bag of toiletries, 1 bottle of shampoo and 1 bottle of conditioner , deodorant, soap, toothbrush and tooth paste (while I live in my own home, I like to have all my stuff in my room so I always know where everything is and how much I own)
- Computer and charger X2 (I know but one of them is in the process of dying)
- Hole puncher
- Pens X15
- Post-it- notes
- Glasses (long distance and reading)
- Hairbrush and bobby pins (not the best place but I hate having things on top of my dresser, it gives me somewhere to rest my eyes)
Bedside Tables X2
- Socks x12
- Winter hats and gloves and ski socks
- Kittens water bowl and food bowl
- Filling box
- Books related to my degree and the artimus fowl series
- Crystal ball
- 2 candles
- Oracle cards
- 1 handbag ( yes when I am not using my handbag it lives in my bookcase)
- Makeup bag – 1 foundation, 1 moisturizer, 1 eyeliner, 1 mascara, 1 eye shadow, blush/brush and 4 lipsticks; pink, purple, red and a darker pink. And a versatile lip liner.
Under my bed
- 1 small suitcase (can be classed as hand luggage)
- Ipod speakers
Inside the suitcase
- Ski jacket and 2 ski pants
Behind my Door
- 2 leather jackets, one short and one longish
- 1 fleecy jacket
- Suit jacket
- 2 pairs of boots, 1 pixie and 1 long
- 1 pair of heels and 1 pair of wedges
- Outdoor sandals.
In my Handbag
- My phone and I pod share the same charger so that rarely leaves my bag for anything other than charging.
- Bottle of water
- Pencil case and notebooks for University.
But for my room it looks pretty empty, especially if you saw it from the get go.
If you minus the ski gear, I can fit my entire wardrobe into a suitcase, that is both winter and summer clothes. the objects minus the books can fit into my handbag (which doubles as a backpack)
While I still have so much stuff, I find something to get rid of as I go.
My hardest things to get rid of. It may look like junk to you but to me it was so special: