Ok So It Is Cooking Time.
I have been so sucked under lately that I havent done anything, when I get stressed and agitate, I have many things I like to do, Cooking and making jewelry is not one of them, I find It sometimes makes me worse as I tend to insult the inanimate objects.
But this time I know It will be relaxing. I am going to do something I struggle to do. I will follow the recipe. Usually I would disagree with the cookbook and end up ignoring it and making a mess/ waste of food. Not this time though. I am going to follow it word for word and show you too!
What do you need?
- Surface to make a mess on.
- fork (You will see why later)
- muffin tin.
- measure things
- big mixing bowl.
What do you really need?
- 1 cup of Self Rasing Flour
- 1/2 cup of whole meal self rasing flour
- 1/2 a cup of sugar (on the next batch i am going to halve it or maybe just get rid of it and replace it with a banana, but stick to the recipe and I’ll post an alternative one later once I have tried it)
- 1 cup of greek yogurt
- 1/2 mashed banana!!! ( I adore bananas and even though I really want to add more this time. I will stick to half a cup – this is where the fork comes in)
- 1/4 cup oil (E why do I want to add that much oil???)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of berries ( I only have raspberry. so that will have to do)
It may just be me but I REALLY want to alter this recipe. I think I’ll give it a once off correctly and then try to make a gluten-free alternative. I am dying to add some seeds to this recipe. But we will have to see how it goes.
What are you supposed to do with all these things?
Well I can help with your awesome question:
- get your oven and turn it on. You will want to set it to 170 celsius if it is fan forced. and 190 celsius if it isn’t.
- whisk the yogurt, banana, egg and oil together in a jug
- in the bowl mix the flours and sugar together.
- add liquid sludge mixture to the suspicious white powder and stir until JUST combined.to me when ever I read ‘just combined’ i always ignore it. But not today. Today we stick to the recipe.
- Add the berries (not the poisonous type please) and FOLD it in. quickly grease the baking tray made for muffins/cupcakes and BAM put them in and bake for about 12 minutes.
You should now have beautiful little cupAcakes.